What is the Leader in Me program?
The Leader in Me Program is a socio-emotional model that seeks to generate a transformation in the educational field. It is mainly characterized by developing leadership skills in children and adolescents, which is very necessary for them to prosper in the 21st century. It is based on the learning of seven habits and on the premise that each child has unique strengths and the ability to first be a leader of themselves and then others.
The Leader in Me program helps students learn how to be self-sufficient, take initiative, set goals, plan, prioritize important activities, manage their emotions, be considerate of others, express their views positively, resolve conflicts peacefully, find creative solutions, value differences and live a balanced life through self-care. The process helps students develop the skills and self-confidence they need to lead their lives and succeed in school and beyond.
The above, as previously mentioned will be carried out through the study of the following habits:
1. Be Proactive: Take control of your life
2. Start with the end in mind: Define goals and create a plan or strategy to achieve them
3. Put first things first: Do what is most important first
4. Think win-win: We can all win
5. Seek first to understand, then to be understood: Let’s listen actively
6. Synergize: Let’s work as a team
7. Sharpen the saw: Take care of yourself